Want to get your Idaho driver license? Aceable’s Idaho Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Idaho written knowledge exam.
Important: This is NOT a state-approved driver education course. Idaho license applicants who are under 17 years old must take an approved driver education course. Aceable’s Idaho Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
Ace Your Idaho Drivers Permit Test
The perfect way to get extra help before taking the Idaho DMV written knowledge test
Study Guide For Busy Adults & Teens
20 levels of interactive lessons & unlimited practice tests to prepare you for your permit exam
Study Whenever & Wherever You Want
Learn the rules of the road on your iPhone, iPad, Android device or computer
Drive Awesome With Aceable’s Easy & Convenient iOS or Android App
This isn’t your typical boring drivers ed study guide
How to Get Your Idaho Driver License (Ages 14-16)
- Get your paperwork together. Bring the following to the DMV driver licensing office: ID showing your full name and date of birth, Social Security card, proof of your Idaho address, Verification of School Compliance (VOC form), and your parent or guardian.
- You can apply for a Driver Training Instruction Permit when you’re at least 14 and a half years old. You will take the vision screening at a driver licensing office. Bring payment for the state fee, which is $21.50.
- Complete a state-approved drivers ed course. It should include 30 hours of classroom or online instruction, 6 hours of in-car observation, and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel practice with a driver training instructor. You need to have your permit before you can practice driving.
- Start your Supervised Instruction Period (SIP). Carry your Supervised Instruction Permit for 6 months while you get 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice with a licensed adult who is 21 or older. Make sure 10 of your practice hours are at night. Drive safely. If you break any traffic laws during your SIP, your permit will be canceled and you’ll have to reapply.
- Pass the written knowledge and road skills tests to get your Intermediate Driver License. You will need to have your parent’s consent and obey the license restrictions if you’re under 17. You must also pay the state’s testing and licensing fees.
- Once you've had your driver license for at least 6 months (without any violations), you will earn full driving privileges. Congrats!
How to Get Your Idaho Driver License (Age 17 and Up)
- Get your paperwork together. You’ll need to bring the following to your local driver licensing office: proof of your identity and age, proof of your Idaho residency, and Social Security number. If you’re 17 years old, you must also bring proof of school attendance and your parent or guardian.
- Pass the vision screening to get an Instruction Permit. There will be testing and licensing fees.
- Practice driving under the supervision of a qualified adult.
- Pass a written knowledge test and behind-the-wheel driving test to earn your driver license. Congrats!
Let Aceable Help You Pass Your Idaho Written Drivers Test
- 20 levels of interactive lessons that keep you engaged with videos, memes and humorous content
- Unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the written knowledge exam
- The course never expires and there aren’t any timers, so you don’t have to worry about deadlines
- Self-paced lessons let you move as quickly through the course as you want
- Provides you with the knowledge to pass Tennessee’s written permit exam
- 5-star course with awesome customer service