Want to get your Michigan driver license? Aceable’s Michigan Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Michigan written knowledge exam.
Important: This is NOT a state-approved driver education course. Michigan license applicants under the age of 18 must take an approved drivers ed course (including classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction). Aceable’s Michigan Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
Ace Your Michigan Drivers Permit Test
The perfect way to get extra help before taking the Michigan written knowledge test
Study Guide For Busy Adults & Teens
20 levels of interactive lessons & unlimited practice tests to prepare you for your permit exam
Study Whenever & Wherever You Want
Learn the rules of the road on your iPhone, iPad, Android device or computer
Drive Awesome With Aceable’s Easy & Convenient iOS or Android App
This isn’t your typical boring drivers ed study guide
How to Get Your Michigan Driver License (Ages 14-17)
- Enroll in a state-approved, two-part drivers education course. Segment 1 should include 24 hours of classroom time, 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, and 4 hours of observation time in a training vehicle. You can begin as early as 14 years and 8 months of age as long as you have permission from your parent or guardian. Segment 2 involves a minimum of 6 hours of classroom instruction.
- Get your paperwork together. Bring an application signed by your parent or guardian, Certificate of Completion for Segment 1, and documents proving your identity, legal presence in the U.S., Social Security number, and Michigan residence. Find examples of acceptable documents here.
- Apply for a Level 1 Learner License. You will take a vision test and written knowledge test at a Secretary of State branch office.
- Carry your Learner License for 6 months while you get at least 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice with your parent or other licensed adult who’s at least 21. Make sure 10 of your practice hours are at night, and keep track of your time by filling out the driving log in your Parent Supervised Driving Guide.
- Take Segment 2 of drivers ed once you've had your Level 1 license for at least 3 months and have completed 30 hours of supervised driving (2 at night).
- Head to an independent testing organization that is approved by the Secretary of State. Bring your Level 1 License and Segment 2 Certificate of Completion. Ace the driving skills test! You’ll get a Driver Skills Test Certificate.
- Get your Level 2 Intermediate License. You must be at least 16 years old. Keep this license for at least 6 months.
- When you turn 17 years old, you automatically advance to a Level 3 License. This license will be mailed to you and will allow you to drive unsupervised at any time. Freedom!
How to Get Your Michigan Driver License (Age 18 and Up)
- The state recommends you take a drivers ed program, but it is not required.
- Get your paperwork together. You’ll need to bring the following to a Secretary of State branch office: payment for the licensing fee ($25), and documents proving your identity, legal presence in the U.S., Social Security number, and Michigan residence. Find examples of acceptable documents here.
- Pass the vision and written knowledge tests. You must also meet the health standards set by the Secretary of State’s office.
- Carry your Temporary Instruction Permit for 30-180 days while you practice driving.
- Pass the driving skills test to get your Driver License. Congrats!
Let Aceable Help You Pass Your Michigan Written Drivers Test
- 20 levels of interactive lessons that keep you engaged with videos, memes and humorous content
- Unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the written knowledge exam
- The course never expires and there aren’t any timers, so you don’t have to worry about deadlines
- Self-paced lessons let you move as quickly through the course as you want
- Provides you with the knowledge to pass Tennessee’s written permit exam
- 5-star course with awesome customer service
Check Out Aceable’s 5-Star Reviews
“I love this!! So convenient and easy to use! The memes make it less boring, and I love that I can do it anywhere! So happy there is finally and app for drivers ed!”
“This app is incredible! It’s cheaper, faster, and easier than actual driving school. The robot is hilarious and fun to learn with. My favorite part though is that we can do it freely on our own time anywhere!”
“It’s really convenient getting to do my class work on my phone, and I passed my permit test! I’m so glad I found Aceable, I recommend everyone to have this fun learning experience. The staff is super helpful, too.”