Want to get your New Jersey driver license? Aceable’s New Jersey Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the New Jersey written knowledge exam.
Important: Drivers ed is not a requirement for getting a New Jersey license. Applicants who are 16 years old must take an approved behind-the-wheel driver training course. Aceable’s New Jersey Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
Ace Your New Jersey Drivers Permit Test
The perfect way to get extra help before taking the New Jersey MVC written knowledge test
Study Guide For Busy Adults & Teens
20 levels of interactive lessons & unlimited practice tests to prepare you for your permit exam
Study Whenever & Wherever You Want
Learn the rules of the road on your iPhone, iPad, Android device or computer
Drive Awesome With Aceable’s Easy & Convenient iOS or Android App
This isn’t your typical boring drivers ed study guide
How to Get Your New Jersey Driver License (Ages 16-21)
- First, determine which type of permit you will apply for. If you’re 16 years old, you can get a Student Learner’s Permit as long as you have an authorized driving instructor. The permit will be validated after you have completed the training. If you’re 17 or older, you can just apply for an Examination Permit. Both have the same testing and identification requirements.
- Head to your local MVC Agency that offers Driver Testing Services. Bring a primary form of ID, letter of consent signed by your parent or guardian (if you’re under 18), permit application, and payment for the $10 fee. If you’re 16, you’ll also need to bring proof of enrollment in an approved behind-the-wheel driver training course and be accompanied by your licensed instructor.
- Pass the vision test and score at least 80% on a 50-question knowledge test.
- Carry your permit for 6 months while you get behind-the-wheel practice with your parent or other licensed adult.
- Once you’re 17 and have kept your permit for at least 6 months, you may take your driving skills test to get a Probationary License. You must keep this license for a year.
- When you’re at least 18 and have kept your Probationary License for a year, you’re eligible to get a regular driver license with full privileges. Congrats!
How to Get Your New Jersey Driver License (Age 21 and Up)
- Head to your local MVC Agency that offers Driver Testing Services. Bring a 1 primary and 1 secondary form of ID, permit application, proof of your address, and payment for the fee.
- Take a vision test and written knowledge test to get your Examination Permit. There will be a $10 fee.
- Keep your permit for at least 3 months while you practice driving under the supervision of a licensed adult.
- Pass the MVC’s road test to get your Probationary License.
- One year later, you can switch to a regular driver license. Congrats!
Let Aceable Help You Pass Your New Jersey Written Drivers Test
- 20 levels of interactive lessons that keep you engaged with videos, memes and humorous content
- Unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the written knowledge exam
- The course never expires and there aren’t any timers, so you don’t have to worry about deadlines
- Self-paced lessons let you move as quickly through the course as you want
- Provides you with the knowledge to pass New Jersey’s written permit exam
- 5-star course with awesome customer service
Check Out Aceable’s 5-Star Reviews
“I love this!! So convenient and easy to use! The memes make it less boring, and I love that I can do it anywhere! So happy there is finally and app for drivers ed!”
“This app is incredible! It’s cheaper, faster, and easier than actual driving school. The robot is hilarious and fun to learn with. My favorite part though is that we can do it freely on our own time anywhere!”
“It’s really convenient getting to do my class work on my phone, and I passed my permit test! I’m so glad I found Aceable, I recommend everyone to have this fun learning experience. The staff is super helpful, too.”