Want to get your New Mexico driver license? Aceable’s New Mexico Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the New Mexico written knowledge exam.
Important: This is NOT a state-approved driver education course. New Mexico license applicants who are under 18 years old must take an approved drivers ed course. Aceable’s New Mexico Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
Ace Your New Mexico Drivers Permit Test
The perfect way to get extra help before taking the New Mexico MVD written knowledge test
Study Guide For Busy Adults & Teens
20 levels of interactive lessons & unlimited practice tests to prepare you for your permit exam
Study Whenever & Wherever You Want
Learn the rules of the road on your iPhone, iPad, Android device or computer
Drive Awesome With Aceable’s Easy & Convenient iOS or Android App
This isn’t your typical boring drivers ed study guide
How to Get Your New Mexico Driver License (Ages 15-17)
- Enroll in a state-approved driver education course.
- Get your paperwork together. Bring the following to the MVD Field Office: ID showing your full name and date of birth, parent or guardian to sign the application, proof of your Social Security number, two forms of proof of your New Mexico residency, and a referral card from your state-approved drivers ed program.
- You can apply for an Instructional Permit when you’re at least 15 years old. You will take the vision and written knowledge tests at the MVD Field Office. Bring payment for the state fee, which is $10.
- Carry your Instructional Permit for 6 months while you get 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice with an adult (21 or older) who has at least 3 years of licensed driving experience. Make sure 10 of your practice hours are at night. Keep track of your hours using a driving practice log, which should be signed by your parent once complete.
- Pass the road skills exam to get your Provisional License. You must submit proof that you completed your approved drivers ed course and your 50 supervised practice hours. You must also pay the state’s Provisional License fee ($18).
- You can get a full, unrestricted driver license when you turn 18 or once you've held a Provisional License for 12 months, whichever comes first. This means curfews and passenger restrictions will be lifted. You (and your parent, if you're under 18) just need to complete and sign a driver license application verifying that you've met all the requirements and have kept a clean driving record. Congrats!
How to Get Your New Mexico Driver License (Age 18 and Up)
- Take the “None for the Road” DWI awareness course if you’re between 18 and 24 years old OR if you have been convicted of a DWI. This is a self-taught class that costs $25.
- Get your paperwork together. You’ll need to bring proof of the following to your local MVD Field Office: your identity, Social Security number, and New Mexico residency (2 documents).
- Pass the vision, written knowledge, and behind-the-wheel driving tests to earn your driver license. There will be a licensing fee of $18 (for a 4-year license) or $34 (for an 8-year license). Congrats!
Let Aceable Help You Pass Your New Mexico Written Drivers Test
- 20 levels of interactive lessons that keep you engaged with videos, memes and humorous content
- Unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the written knowledge exam
- The course never expires and there aren’t any timers, so you don’t have to worry about deadlines
- Self-paced lessons let you move as quickly through the course as you want
- Provides you with the knowledge to pass Tennessee’s written permit exam
- 5-star course with awesome customer service
Check Out Aceable’s 5-Star Reviews
“I love this!! So convenient and easy to use! The memes make it less boring, and I love that I can do it anywhere! So happy there is finally and app for drivers ed!”
“This app is incredible! It’s cheaper, faster, and easier than actual driving school. The robot is hilarious and fun to learn with. My favorite part though is that we can do it freely on our own time anywhere!”
“It’s really convenient getting to do my class work on my phone, and I passed my permit test! I’m so glad I found Aceable, I recommend everyone to have this fun learning experience. The staff is super helpful, too.”