Want to get your Virginia driver license? Aceable’s Virginia Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Virginia written knowledge exam.
Important: This is NOT a state-approved driver education course. Virginia license applicants under the age of 19 must take an approved drivers ed course. Aceable’s Virginia Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
Ace Your Virginia Drivers Permit Test
The perfect way to get extra help before taking the Virginia DMV written knowledge test
Study Guide For Busy Adults & Teens
20 levels of interactive lessons & unlimited practice tests to prepare you for your permit exam
Study Whenever & Wherever You Want
Learn the rules of the road on your iPhone, iPad, Android device or computer
Drive Awesome With Aceable’s Easy & Convenient iOS or Android App
This isn’t your typical boring drivers ed study guide
How to Get Your Virginia Driver License (Ages 15-18)
- Take a state-approved drivers ed course.
- Get your paperwork together. Bring certified documents proving your identity, Virginia residency, lawful presence in the U.S., Social Security number, and a parent or guardian to sign your application.
- When you’re at least 15 and 6 months old, you can apply for your Learner’s Permit. Take a vision test and written knowledge test at your local DMV office. The state fee is $3 plus $4 per year of license validity.
- Carry your Learner’s Permit for 9 months. If you’re under 18, your parent or guardian will need to certify that you got 45 hours of behind-the-wheel practice. Make sure at least 15 of those hours are at night.
- After you’ve had your permit for 9 months, you will get a notice saying when and where to appear in court for your Juvenile Licensing Ceremony. You will get your permanent license at this time and will be allowed to drive unsupervised.
- Keep your driver license until it expires and needs to be renewed. When you’re 18, curfews and passenger restrictions will be lifted and you’ll have full driving privileges.
How to Get Your Virginia Driver License (Age 19 and Up)
- Pass a vision test and knowledge test at your local DMV office. Bring proof of your legal presence, Virginia residency, Social Security number, and 2 forms of ID. You’ll also have to pay a license fee of $4 per year that the license is valid (minimum $20).
- Practice driving with a licensed adult while you have your permit for 60 days. You can skip the 60-day rule if you choose to complete a state-approved drivers ed course.
- Apply for your regular Driver License. Freedom!
Let Aceable Help You Pass Your Virginia Written Drivers Test
- 20 levels of interactive lessons that keep you engaged with videos, memes and humorous content
- Unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the written knowledge exam
- The course never expires and there aren’t any timers, so you don’t have to worry about deadlines
- Self-paced lessons let you move as quickly through the course as you want
- Provides you with the knowledge to pass Virginia’s written permit exam
- 5-star course with awesome customer service
Check Out Aceable’s 5-Star Reviews
“I love this!! So convenient and easy to use! The memes make it less boring, and I love that I can do it anywhere! So happy there is finally and app for drivers ed!”
“This app is incredible! It’s cheaper, faster, and easier than actual driving school. The robot is hilarious and fun to learn with. My favorite part though is that we can do it freely on our own time anywhere!”
“It’s really convenient getting to do my class work on my phone, and I passed my permit test! I’m so glad I found Aceable, I recommend everyone to have this fun learning experience. The staff is super helpful, too.”