More Driving Topics Select a Topic Types of Driver Licenses New Vs Used Cars Vehicle Financing Auto Insurance How to Organ Donation Checklist for Approaching Your Vehicle Why You Should Wear Your Seatbelt Return to Main Page Checklist for Approaching your Car
- Check and make sure you have your keys and your license with you. One you physically can’t drive without, the other you legally can’t drive without.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look out for trouble or bad guys trying to do bad things.
Watch out, bad guys!
- Take a stroll around your car to make sure it’s free of objects, animals, kids, etc.
- While walking, look for flat tires or fluid leak spots underneath your vehicle.
- If you do notice a flat or a leak, take some time to check your tire pressure and/or fluid levels.
- Check what direction your wheels are turned so you know the direction you’ll be traveling when you first start your car and get moving.
Just remember, the outside of your car is just as important as the inside of it. To be a safe, responsible driver, you need to make sure you know exactly what’s going on around all sides of your car at all times. Doing this will make sure you’re taking all the precautions you can to minimize those car surprises, such as flat tires and stalling.
Shia is pumped for you, boo.