The Secretary of State (SOS) Office in Illinois is the agency in charge of transactions concerning drivers licenses and other vehicle-related business in the state. The Driver Services Department within the SOS is the division handling these matters, and you can contact them by going online to Cyberdriveillinois.com .
Cyberdrive in Illinois issues driving licenses to over 8.5 million state residents and over 3 million state ID card holders. The Driver Services Department at Illinois SOS also keeps state driving records and is the agency responsible for taking action against drivers who violate state driving laws.
Driver Services at Cyberdrive in Illinois
You can access many driver services in Illinois using Cyberdriveillinois.com including:
- reporting changes of address for drivers license and vehicle registration
- renewing drivers licenses
- application forms for regular, motorcycle, and commercial drivers license
- finding information on commercial driver training
- applying for a Temporary Visitor Driver’s License (TVDL)
- learning about child passenger safety laws in Illinois
- finding state accredited driver education programs
- accessing the online Facility Finder to locate an SOS office near you for required in-person driver transactions, such as taking a driver license written or road test exam.
- finding information on Illinois Graduated Driver’s License program for young drivers
- completing transactions involving vehicle title and registration.
Cyberdriveillinois is also the place to go for new vehicle license plates and customized license plates.
How to Contact Cyberdrive in Illinois
The main website is found at Cyberdriveillinois.com . Many driver and vehicle-related transactions can be done through this portal. You can also find the physical address of SOS field offices by checking the Facility Finder page at the main website. There are over 130 field offices located around the state.
The main address for SOS in Illinois is:
- 213 State Capitol, Springfield, IL 62756
Drivers needing information over the phone can call 888-261-5238. Senior drivers should call 888-261-7863.
The SOS office in Illinois has been in charge of issuing drivers licenses, learner’s permits, commercial drivers licenses, and state ID cards since May of 2016.
They also provide Disability Parking Placards, auto dealer registrations, the Pick-a-Plate program, and mandatory insurance verification services.
Other Programs at Illinois SOS
Illinois CyberDrive is also responsible for many other services for the citizens of Illinois, including the Veteran’s History Project, an archive of historical data regarding Illinois citizens and veterans who have served in their country and state in times of war.