The Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), also known as the Department of Transportation (DOT) is a government agency that serves residents of the Badger State with all things driving related. If you’re looking to get a Wisconsin drivers license or learners permit, register your vehicle or renew your plates, you’ll need to visit a DMV office or testing station at some point.
Wisconsin DMV Locations
Wherever you live, there is a DMV office near you. Select your county from the list below to find the nearest location.
Drivers Licenses & Learners Permits for Teens
- Wisconsin Drivers Ed Test Prep – Before you head to the DMV to get your permit, study for the written and behind-the-wheel exams on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- How to Apply For a License – A handy checklist of driver licensing requirements requirements for teens in Wisconsin. Some applicants can use this online resource to submit an application and schedule a DMV appointment.
- First Time Drivers License Information – Graduated driver license (GDL) requirements for teens between the ages of 15 and 18.
- Parent Or Sponsor Supervised Driving Program – Download your parent-teen safe driving contract and learn about what is required of a sponsor or parent instructor.
- Teen Driving School Requirements – Need help finding a licensed, responsible driving school? The Wisconsin DMV has all of the information you need.
Online Services Through the Wisconsin DMV
- Renew Your License Plate – Save time. Skip the DMV lines and renew your license plates online!
- Change Your Address – Change your mailing address for your Wisconsin driver license, ID, license plates, registration and more.
- Title and Register Your Vehicle – This electronic application lets you title and register a vehicle in your name. Make sure you understand all requirements and pay required fees before proceeding.
- Schedule a Road Test – Ready to get your license? Of course you are! Schedule a road test before you head to the Wisconsin DOT.
- Order a Replacement Title – Complete a Replacement Title Application (MV2119) from your personal computer.
- Check the Status of Your License or ID Card – Use this online service to check the print and mailing status of your drivers license or ID card.
Wisconsin Road Safety
- Wisconsin Crash Statistics – Yearly statistics for car crashes by time frame and county.
- Highway Fatality Reports - Fatalities on Wisconsin roadways by month and year.
- Wisconsin Roadway Facts and Figures - Download statistics on road safety, number of drivers licensed, licenses revoked and much more going back to 1998!