Hot days, balmy nights, the smell of hot dogs and nachos in the morning, afternoon, and evening…it is officially baseball season! Here are the 25 best high school baseball stadiums and fields in Texas.
1. Kerrville Tivy – Kerrville, Texas
Originally built around 2000, Kerrville Tivy’s high school baseball field has one of the best natural grass playing surfaces in the state.
2. Old Settlers Park – Round Rock, Texas
This behemoth boasts 20 baseball diamonds and two large pavilions. Old Settlers Park is also called the “crown jewel” of Round Rock, and hosts several Blue Diamond tournaments as well as Texas State Championships.
3. Mansfield Field of Dreams (Brock High School) – Brock, Texas
Opened in March 2008, this huge sports park hosts youth and adult baseball and softball games.
4. Austin Hyde Park – Austin, Texas
This gorgeous field is professionally turfed and doubles as a football field. Austin Hyde Park takes this field seriously by enacting a “no seed, no gum” rule.
5. Scotland Yard (Highland Park) – Highland Park, Texas
Renovated in 2016 with new synthetic turf, Scotland Yard looks (and plays) the part.
6. A.C. Jones High School – Beeville, Texas
This massive field plays home to both A.C. Jones High School and the Coastal Bend College Cougars.
7. Plano East High School – Plano, Texas
This well-maintained field boasts a dugout, bullpen, press box, and locker rooms, as well as plenty of equipment, including infield tarp, drags, chalk liner, and drags.
8. Sunnyvale High School – Sunnyvale, Texas
This gorgeous stadium also comes with a softball stadium, tennis courts, and a facility for restrooms and concessions.
9. Glen Rose – Glen Rose, Texas
Home to both youth teams and Glen Rose High School, this artificial grass field boasts covered dugouts, a bullpen, bleachers, and good lighting.
10. Prosper High School – Prosper, Texas
This mesmerizing field came as part of the school’s addition of a two-story educational facility with indoor training, recreational fields, auditorium, and gym.
11. Odessa High School – Odessa, Texas
Odessa’s field implemented Matrix®️ Turf in 2014, which increases efficiency in water consumption. The same turf installed at places like the AT&T Stadium, UC Berkeley, and Baylor University.
12. Shiner Starplex – Shiner, Texas
Bleacher seating is limited, so bring chairs or blankets. Boasts a long range for epic home runs.
13. Cameron Yoe High School – Cameron, Texas
Commissioned in 2015 as part of a $5.65 million bond to fund improvements to Cameron’s athletic facilities, this gorgeous field got all new synthetic turf.
14. Henrietta – Henrietta, Texas
This artificial turf field has bleachers, covered dugouts, restrooms, and good lighting.
15. Wright Field (Dallas Jesuit) – Dallas, Texas
The state-of-the-art field completed renovations including turf installation, sunken dugouts, and chair-back seating.
16. Gruver High School – Gruver, Texas
This $2.7 million project features press boxes, grandstands, a concession stand, and even a playground.
17. Lindale High School – Lindale, Texas
Features covered batting cages, onsite dressing/locker rooms, and covered seating for 657 people.
18. McKinney Boyd High School – McKinney, Texas
This well-lit grass field provides bleachers, covered dugouts, and a bullpen.
19. Liberty Hill – Liberty Hill, Texas
Located next to Liberty Hill high school and home of the Panthers.
20. Mumford High School – Mumford, Texas
The Mustang’s field comes complete with a bullpen, dugouts, and a press box.
21. Big Spring High School – Big Spring, Texas
Open year-round, with a bullpen, dugouts, and restrooms.
22. Georgetown Eastview – Georgetown, Texas
Be sure to bring a blanket. No chairs or gum allowed.
All 3 teams in action this coming weekend. Good luck boys!Posted by East View Patriot Baseball on Monday, February 27, 2017
23. Crowley High School – Crowley, Texas
This artificial field is green year round and boasts lights, covered dugouts, a bullpen, and a batting cage.
24. Farmersville Baseball Complex – Farmersville, Texas
This recently completed complex provides a batting cage, dugouts, and a restroom.
25. Kennedale High School – Kennedale, TX
The Wildcats’ baseball field underwent “turfing” in 2013 as part of a $1.7 million renovation project.
Image sources in order of appearance:
- Texas Multi Chem
- Round Rock Texas Gov
- City of Mansfield
- Quarries Rec
- Casey Clyce
- Coastal Bend College
- WRA Architects
- Carter Construction Company
- Pogue Construction Company
- Hellas Construction Company
- Shiner Starplex
- Cameron Herald
- Paragon Sports
- Jesuit Rangers
- Hellas Construction
- WRL General Contractors
- Town Square Buzz
- Big Spring Steer Baseball Facebook
- East View Facebook
- Crowley Athletics
- WRA Architects
- Kennedale Wildcats Baseball