Nevada Driver's License and Permit Overview
About to get your Nevada Driver license? Or are you a teen getting ready to get your learner’s permit? Well, we here at Aceable have created step-by-step guides, checklists, and of course the education you will need to get your permit or license and get on the road. And if you are a potential motorcyclist, we got a guide on how to get your motorcycle license in Nevada.
Getting your First Driver's License In Nevada
Here is a simple step-by-step by guide on how to get your first driver license in Nevada.The first thing you need to do to get your driver’s license in Nevada is taking a state-approved drivers education course. Once you meet the requirements for behind-the-wheel and for drivers ed you can head into a Nevada DMV office. Here is a list of things you need to bring to the DMV office!
- Nevada Drivers Ed - Complete Nevada DMV-licensed drivers education on your time, at your pace with our highly interactive course made for teens and compatible with iPhone, Android and web. Don't forget about the app's free practice test tool.
- Nevada Learner's permit Guide The first step to getting your Nevada Learner’s permit is to complete drivers education. Almost all beginning drivers in Nevada under 18 must take a driver education course, which you can start at the age of 15. You have three options for your drivers education.
- Nevada DMV Practice Test Think you're ready to pass the Nevada DMV's written exam? Take our practice test to find out. 40% of people fail the DMV test on the first attempt, so make sure you're prepared!
- Nevada Driver License Guides - Obtaining your driver license isn't as hard as you may think. Check out our step-by-step guides about applying for teen drivers licenses and adult driver licenses in Nevada!
- Rules For Teen Drivers - Everything you need to know about school attendance, instruction permits, and classroom drivers ed for first time teen drivers. Current Nevada residents over the age of 18 need to meet certain criteria in order to get their first driver license. Learn everything you need to know to apply for a license or ID card. - Motorcycle license - How to earn a new Nevada class M license or transfer your motorcycle endorsement from another state.
- Nevada CDL - If you want to drive a school bus, stretch limo or large truck in the state of Nevada, then you need a CDL (commercial drivers license).
- Auto Insurance Requirements - All Nevada drivers are required to carry liability insurance that covers damages from an accident that YOU cause. Follow the 15/30/10 coverage rule.
Changing your Nevada Driver License
Need to change some info on your current driver license? We wrote a simple step-by-step guide on how to change the information for new Nevada Residents, as well as how to change your name and/or gender on your current Nevada driver’s license.
- New Residents Licensed In A Different State - Nevada law requires new residents update their driver license and registration within the first 30 days of moving. Failing to comply may result in fines up to $1,000.
- Change Your Gender on Your Nevada Driver License - The process for having your gender changed on your Nevada driver license is much easier than it is in some other states. Just follow these steps!