DL-64: Changing Your Address on Your Driver License or ID Card
There are a few reasons you might have for changing information on your driver license or ID card.
- You move to a different address within Texas.
- Your name changes, whether through marriage, divorce, or you straight up wanted a different name.
- You need to change your driver license gender to reflect your true self.
Let’s talk about the form you need specifically to change your address: the DL-64.
There are three ways you can handle this form (in order of the Texas Department of Public Safety recommendation):
- Fill the form out online
- First, check out the eligibility requirements here. If you’re not eligible to change it online, you can mail it in
- If you are eligible, you’ll need a printer, your current driver license/ID card, your social security number, & a credit card
- Mail the form in
- Complete the DL-64 and mail it in
- You’ll need a $10 check/money order
- Go to the DPS in person – Find a location here (link texas DPS overview when finished)
- You will actually fill out a DL-43 for this option
- The DPS recommends either filling it out online or mailing it in, as opposed to going in person
To check out how to change your address as a new Texas resident, check our info page here.