Limited Time Sale 25% off all courses!

Replacing a Lost Registration, Registration Sticker, or License Plates in Texas

If you have lost or damaged your license plate, registration certificate, or registration decal you can get a replacement from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).  

Duplicate Registration Certificate In Texas

To replace your vehicle registration certificate or receipt you will need to go in person to a Texas DMV Regional Service Center or County Tax Office.

You will then need to

  • Submit a completed Request for Texas Motor Vehicle Information (Form VTR-275)
  • Pay the fee that is listed on the form

Duplicate Registration Sticker or Lost Plates in Texas

You will need to visit your local County Tax office then

  • Submit an Application for Replacement License Plate(s), and/or Vehicle Registration Sticker (Form VTR-60)
  • Pay the $6 fee and $1 automation fee