Looking to earn your Florida driver’s license? Need to renew your license plate or registration? The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (commonly called the DHSMV, DMV or FLHSMV) is where you get a license or photo ID, register your car, mobile home, or boat. You can also find assistance if you have been involved in a crash have a car breakdown.
Keep reading to locate your nearest DHSMV office or learn about the agency’s many services.
Get Your Florida Drivers License
- Sign up for the Florida Drug and Alcohol Course
- Take the Drug and Alcohol Course Final Exam
- Florida Motorcycle License – Earning your motorcycle license in Florida is simple! Find out more with our Step By Step Guide
- Florida Motorcycle License – Changing your gender on your Florida driver license can be a little confusing. Here’s what you need to know!
Find a DHSMV Location
These listings include hours, locations and contact info for Florida DHSMV offices.
Tags, Titles and Vehicle Registration
- Florida License Plate Guide – Everything you need to know about obtaining and renewing your license plates and tags.
- Online Renewal – Renew or replace your license ID, Registration (motor vehicle, boat or mobile home). You can also or obtain a paper title online.
Other Info and Services
- DHSMV Fees – Including original license fees, registration costs for cars, trucks and other vehicles, fees for obtaining records and more.
- Military Servicemembers and Family – FAQs for those who have served in our armed forces, including special licensplates for military personel and diabled veteran benefits.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers – Ever wonder how to obtain your Commercial Driver License (CDL)? Need to find a state skills testing location? Have questions about identity theft and driver license fraud? Find out about these issues and more.