Want to get your Washington driver license? Aceable’s Washington Permit Test Prep can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Washington written knowledge exam.
Important: This is NOT a state-approved driver education course. Washington license applicants under the age of 18 can take an approved Traffic Safety Education (TSE) course in order to waive the written test requirement and/or upgrade from a permit to a license before age 18. Aceable’s Washington Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
Ace Your Washington State Drivers Permit Test
The perfect way to get extra help before taking the Washington State DOL written knowledge test
Study Guide For Busy Adults & Teens
20 levels of interactive lessons & unlimited practice tests to prepare you for your permit exam
Study Whenever & Wherever You Want
Learn the rules of the road on your iPhone, iPad, Android device or computer
Drive Awesome With Aceable’s Easy & Convenient iOS or Android App
This isn’t your typical boring drivers ed study guide
How to Get Your Washington Driver License (Ages 15-17)
- Sign up for a state-approved Traffic Safety Education (TSE) course. This is a necessary step if you’re between the ages of 15 and 15 and a half. The driving school will issue you a waiver so that you don’t have to take the knowledge test at the DMV. The soonest you can get your permit is 10 days before the start of your course. If you’re older than 15 and 6 months, you can choose to skip drivers ed and take the written knowledge exam.
- Get your paperwork together. Bring your WA ID card (pre-apply online if you don’t already have one), documents proving your identity, age and name, Social Security number, and a parent who will sign the parental authorization form (or a signed and notarized Parental Authorization Affidavit).
- Apply for your Instruction Permit. Take a vision test and written knowledge test at your local DMV office. The state fee is $25.
- Carry your Instruction Permit while you get at least 50 out-of-class practice hours supervised by your parent or other adult who’s been licensed for at least 5 years. Make sure 10 of those hours are at night.
- You will be ready to schedule your driving skills test once you’ve met your practice requirements, are at least 16 years old, and have kept a clean driving record for a minimum of 6 months. Pass the driving test to earn your Intermediate License.
- Keep your Intermediate License and obey its restrictions until you turn 18. At that point, it automatically becomes a regular Driver Licence with full privileges.
How to Get Your Washington Driver License (Age 18 and Up)
Adults are not required to do any formal driver training. However, if you need the practice, you can choose to take a driver training course and/or practice behind the wheel with a licensed adult who has at least 5 years of driving experience.
Pass the vision, knowledge, and driving tests at your local DMV office. Bring your WA ID card (pre-apply online if you don’t already have one), documents proving your identity, age and name, and your Social Security number or proof of Washington residence. You’ll also have to pay an application and issuance fee of $89. Receive your regular Driver License. Freedom!
Let Aceable Help You Pass Your Washington Written Drivers Test
- 20 levels of interactive lessons that keep you engaged with videos, memes and humorous content
- Unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the written knowledge exam
- The course never expires and there aren’t any timers, so you don’t have to worry about deadlines
- Self-paced lessons let you move as quickly through the course as you want
- Provides you with the knowledge to pass Washington State’s written permit exam
- 5-star course with awesome customer service
Check Out Aceable’s 5-Star Reviews
“I love this!! So convenient and easy to use! The memes make it less boring, and I love that I can do it anywhere! So happy there is finally and app for drivers ed!”
“This app is incredible! It’s cheaper, faster, and easier than actual driving school. The robot is hilarious and fun to learn with. My favorite part though is that we can do it freely on our own time anywhere!”
“It’s really convenient getting to do my class work on my phone, and I passed my permit test! I’m so glad I found Aceable, I recommend everyone to have this fun learning experience. The staff is super helpful, too.”