1. Dance with the Biebs (Thursday 7:30 pm)What’s more American than seeing a Canadian pop star on tour? Jokes aside, Post Malone, Moxi Raia and the Biebs are stopping by in nearby Orlando Thursday night for their #PurposeWorldTour, and it’s a great way to start the July 4th weekend off right. So go ‘head and love yourself, tell Selena you’re sorry, and ask the world “What do you mean?” if they say America isn’t #1.
ProTip: This post is coming out right before the concert so tickets will be hard to get. Check Ticketmaster first, but if that’s not available, look for a friendly scalper at the Amway Center.
2. Get Rowdie for Flo Rida (Saturday 7:30 pm)The Tampa Bay Rowdies kick off the 2016 season on Saturday, July 2nd against their in-state rivals Jacksonville Armada FC at the Al Lang Stadium, so it’s sure to be an exciting match full of passion and drama. And after the soccer match ends, our state’s very own Flo Rida will be performing in a post-match concert presented by Hot 101.5. Come get rowdy!
ProTip: This weekend’s game is a great opportunity to dress your American best. For inspiration, here’s a pretty sweet American eagle costume.
3. Ride to Freedom at Busch Gardens (July 2-4 9 pm)As part of their Summer Nights, Busch Gardens is having a fireworks show every night at 9 pm this weekend and it’s included with your normal Busch Gardens ticket purchase. Basically, you’re getting some free fireworks to go along with your rollercoasters. Beautiful. ???
ProTip: Any US active military member with valid ID can bring themselves and three immediate family members for free.
4. Rays vs the Angels (Monday 1:10 pm)A lot of your friends will be sweltering in the heat on July 4th, but if sweating away eight pounds of perspiration isn’t your thing, then check out Tropicana Field and its cold A/C on Monday afternoon. Our hometown Tampa Bay Rays are taking on the Los Angeles Angels and they’ll need the support of the home crowd. And remember, DJ Kitty will be in attendance as well!
ProTip: The Tampa Bay Rays are offering two free tickets to all active-duty military, retired and honorably discharged veterans. So if there is a military hero in your family, you could attend for free!
5. FIREWORKS At Channelside (Monday 9:30 PM)I’m assuming you’re a normal human being, so you’ll want to see fireworks and you’ll want to see fireworks Florida-style: lots, lots of them and taking place over the water. And on July 4th, Channelside waterfront will have the largest pyrotechnics show in the Tampa Bay area. Gates open at 4 and the fireworks show starts at 9:30 pm.
ProTip: Get there early. The best place to see fireworks is on the wharf, but seating is limited to the first 3,500 people. Wristbands will be given out for access starting at 7 pm.