Replacing lost Vehicle Registration In Nevada
There are four different ways to get a duplicate Nevada Certificate of Registration, which makes it easy and convenient to replace your registration!
The four ways are:
- Replace your registration online
- Replace your registration at a Nevada DMV Kiosk
- Replace your registration by mail or fax
- Replace your registration in-person at a local Nevada DMV
Replacing a lost registration in Nevada Online
The awesome part of replacing your Nevada Registration online is that you can print out the certificate of registration right at home (only do this if you have have the decal) or get it mailed to you along with a license plate decal.
You will need the following to place the online order:
- The last four digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Which can be found on your car insurance documents or proof of insurance card, your certificate of title or a VIN plate that might be attached to your vehicle dashboard
- Drivers License Number
- License Plate Number
- The $5 fee which can be paid by E-check, or Credit Cards such as Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Note that the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles prefers E-check as it has lower fees which saves taxpayer dollars!
Once you have gathered all of the information go to this website!
Replacing a lost registration at DMV Kiosk or In-person at a Local DMV
The Nevada DMV kiosks are pretty much a DMV in a box (It says so on the Kiosk) and can actually print out the registration certificate and license plate decal right at the box! In some situations the kiosk won't be able to print the decal (the decal colors change depending on year) and in those instances you will be mailed the certificate and decal.
You will need the following to use the Kiosk to get a replacement registration:
- Drivers License that is tied to the Registration
- Last 4 characters of your license plates
- Address including zip code
- Drivers License ID number
- Date of Birth
- Name as appears on license
- Fee of $6 and a $1 processing fee at kiosk
If you don’t mind waiting in line or just want to have some good old-fashioned human to human contact you can go to your local DMV office and get a duplicate car registration there!
You will need to bring the same items as above
Replacing a lost Certificate of Registration - By mail or Fax
You can request a duplicate registration by including:
- A filled out Application for duplicate certificate of registration and/or substitute decal form
- A copy of your Nevada evidence of Insurance card
- A form of payment for the $6 fee (check, money order or Payment Authorization Form.
And mailing that to:
DMV Central Services 555 Wright Way Carson City, NV 89711-0700
Or by faxing those documents to: (775) 684-4797
If you need a Nevada duplicate title, click here!