Ahhh, July 4th weekend is finally upon us and we can’t wait! Nothing screams freedom like hot dogs, cookouts, and trying not to get burned by your cousin Jeremy in a roman candle fight. Okay, so maybe not everyone has to deal with that last one. Either way, this weekend is a time to break out the grill and/or any American flag apparel you may own and party. it. up. Still not sure what you’re going to do? Let Aceable help you out with our roundup of L.A.’s five best 4th of July activities.
- Head to Grand Park in Downtown LA for the annual 4th of July block party, featuring delicious food trucks, live music, fireworks and more. This is a FREE all-day event, so bring yourself a picnic and relax. Also, pets are welcome! Yasss.
- Food, games, and inflatable rides, oh my! Americafest at the Rose Bowl is a celebration of all things red, white and blue. The world-renowned fireworks display won’t shoot off until 9pm, but the Rose Bowl will open at 2pm so you can partake in all the hot dogs and Uncle Sam-ness your little heart desires.
- Honestly there’s probably nothing better than fireworks over the ocean and that’s exactly what you’ll get when you spend your Independence Day in Marina del Rey. Head to Fisherman’s Village early to enjoy waterfront shops, restaurants, and boat rides while you wait for the fireworks.
- Enjoy music with your fireworks at the Hollywood Bowl. This year, join the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra and Chicago as they ring in the Fourth not just one night, but ALL three nights of July 4th weekend. Bring a picnic, a blanket, and a bae for maximum fun.
- Where can you find Independence day skydivers, a crazy parade, and puppies dressed in patriotic apparel? The Pacific Palisades. Head to the PP for their annual Fourth of July Parade. Festivities kick off at 2pm and you won’t want to miss it! Seriously, puppies dressed like flags tho.